“To challenge the state’s power to tax and conscript is to challenge a fundamental source of social control.”
What Brings You Here?
- Endless war — endless money for the military and the consequent lack of money for social welfare and humanitarian programs
- Militarization of our lives: the weapons that are coming home to law enforcement; the lack of civilian jobs for young people — “the poverty draft”; the Pentagon as the largest employer in the world.
- The human damage of war — the wounded and dead civilians; the wounded and dead soldiers, whether in combat or returning home to lack of services.
- The militarization of the border: walls, drones, armed and dangerous border patrol.
- Resources sucked up by military research and industry, military training, and war and the toxic destruction that contributes to climate change.
Whatever your reasons, you are joining hundreds of people each day who are looking for a way to strengthen their antiwar protest by cutting off their own funding of the U.S. war machine. You are joining hundreds of people who are redirecting their money and their energy to projects and programs to create a world of peace and justice that honors all life.
You will find lots of information about HOW TO RESIST and HOW TO REDIRECT on this website or by calling our HOTLINE or contacting one of our counselors.